8 Quick Tips to Work Like a Boss
Time is money right? The only correct answer in this case, if you were wondering, is yes. So with that being said efficiency is key to everything we do, especially while we are at work. Let’s take some advice from a man with more money than most of us will ever have.
“When I was a waiter, I wanted to be the best waiter I could be and worked to be better at it every day.”
– Robert Herjavec
The old saying is true, you only get out what you put in. Regardless of what you are doing, put your best foot forward. With that being said, we want you to take a look at our top 8 keyboard shortcuts for a faster, more efficient work pace. Maybe you already know a few of these (and don’t use them) and maybe you don’t. Give them a try anyways, and heck maybe you’ll even impress a co-worker or two.
- Ctrl + C Copy a selected item
- Ctrl + V or (Shift + Insert) Paste that selected item
- Ctrl + X Cut the selected item
- Ctrl + Z Undo last action
- Alt + F4 Close the active item (app)
- Alt +tab Switch between open items
- Windows logo key +L Lock or switch users
- Windows logo key +D Display/ hide desktop.
Numbers 6 & 8 are admittedly my favorite. I also call them the “job-savers” when you are half way through that NSFW article on Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel’s vacay photos. Now stop slacking and get back to work, you’re welcome.